From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe4472

Hi,

We have here several PXIe4472 modules and we were planning to use them for a test. We also have some iepe accelerometers. Going through the specifications of the module I've realised there's a high pass filter with a cutoff frequency of 3.4Hz when AC coupling is enabled. This is a huge problem for us since the first interesting phenomenon we want to capture is likely to happen below that. My question is then, can I enable DC coupling (to get rid of that filter) and still feed the IEPE accelerometers (typically they need a constant 4mA current)? I don't have all the equipment now with me and I cannot test it myself.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,229 Views)

You could use the DAQmxChannel property node to set the coupling. 

NI4472_Coupling_1.png

Sorry, I misunderstood the question. 

Maybe this link might help clarify your question regarding using IEPE excitation together with DC coupling. 

BR
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,218 Views)

Thanks for your response. I'm afraid my question is more at a hardware level, when I DC couple a particular channel within a PXIe4472 can I still connect a IEPE Accelerometer or will I have to find an external current source because the module is not suplying it anymore (for DC Couple enabled). Not sure if I explain myself.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,212 Views)

Oh, the link was very useful, thanks indeed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,210 Views)