PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-8135 unknown device in device manager Win10

Hello,

After upgrading my PXIe-8135 computer to Windows 10 and installing all the drivers available on the NI website I still see a couple of devices listed as "unknown devices" in device manager.

Does anyone know what they could be and do you have any drivers for that?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,415 Views)

Hi there, 

This link might help you solve this: Yellow exclamation mark in device manager . 

The two devices are the NI Watchdog Timer and the NI Trigger Router. These yellow signs/unknown devices can be resolved by pointing the Windows Device Manager to the specific driver. 

The drivers for these are included in here. When these are installed, right-click on the device, navigate to the driver tab, click update driver, select "Browse my computer for driver software" and enter the location of the downloaded INF files. The NI Watchdog Timer is NI 7018 and NIC 7019 is the NI Trigger Router. 

Hope that resolves the issue!

Message 2 of 6
(3,387 Views)

Hi Riley_llieva -

I have the same issue a the original poster. After installing Win 10 on a PXIe-8135, I have one last unknown device in Win 10 Device Manager which enumerates as "NIC7018".

The PXIe-8135 driver package you referenced above includes Intel chipset drivers, graphics drivers, and network drivers, but nothing for the "NIC7018" Watchdog Timer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,944 Views)

Hi,

I have the same issue. The file you pointed to does not seem to support Win 10? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,808 Views)

See https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000015AWVSA2&l=en-GB for the ZIP file with the two missing NIC7018 and NIC7019  drivers.

(The old Windows 7 additional driver package at https://www.ni.com/en-gb/support/downloads/software-products/download.pxie-8135-firmware-and-additio... is not needed on Windows 10, because the latter comes with all the required graphics, chipset, network, USB3, etc. drivers for the PXIe-8135 built in.)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,374 Views)

The only other unknown device besides the NIC7019 Trigger Router that I had in the Device Manager after upgrading my PXIe-8135 to Windows 10 Pro 21H2 turned out to be an "Intel Management Engine interface", for which Windows Update offered a suitable driver as an optional update. So as far as I can tell, the PXIe-8135 works just fine under Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,369 Views)