From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe 4330 Calibration Issue

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been  trying  to calibrate the  PXIe 4330 and have been getting some consistant errors when attempting to the the Gain Accuracy Test from the NI SC Express 4330/4331 Calibration Procedure

For three brand new 4330 cards, I have been getting a consistant error in table 5 of the  manual for Calibrator Outputs: 295.8, 341.3, and 358.8, as well as a consistant error in table 4 for Calibrator Outputs:  341.3, and 358.8.  

I am fairly confident that I am following the procedures properly. I have been using the recommended Fluke 5220A calibrator and the cards passed all other verification tests except the Gain Accuracy Test.

Anyone have any ideas? Has the manuals tables been updated?

Thanks  in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,745 Views)
Solution
Accepted by G'ory88

G'ory88, 

Thank you for using NI forums! Actually, we have found some errors in those tables. We are working on correcting the document, but here is a rough revised table for you:

4330 gain accuracy test limits.PNG

I am very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused! Let me know if you are still having troubles even with the above table. 

Katie

Katie Collette
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(4,732 Views)

Aha I see what is wrong with the tables in the Calibration Procedure pdf. The pdf only has one significant figure for the Calibrator Output. The pdf's Calibrator Outputs are rounded up values from the table posted here and so the nominal values are incorrect for certain values for example: 

295.75 Ohms -> 0.0420054 V/V Nominal Value

Whereas

295.80 Ohms -> 0.0419635 V/V Nominal Value

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,723 Views)