PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a camera file to enable the use of an e2V L3C95 CCD camera with a PCI-1409 device?

Is there a camera file to enable the use of an e2V L3C95 CCD camera with a PCI-1409 device? I cannot find one on the NI camera file website.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,786 Views)

Hi DocPepper

If a camera file is not available from our website we do provide a camera file generator program for free so you can create your own camera file.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/14207

The camera file generator requires some information about the camera in order to create the file, which should be available from the manufacturer or from the following datasheet.

http://www.e2v.com/assets/media/files/documents/imaging-l3vision/l3c95_series.pdf

If you have any problems creating the file then please feel free to post here again and I will assist you further.

Regards,

Jas.W 

Jason W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,772 Views)

Hi Jas.W.

Thank you for your swift reply. I have gone to the camera file generator link, and clicked to download it but there appears to be a problem with the link. Is there another route I can get the software?

Many thanks

DocPepper

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,769 Views)

Hi DocPepper,

I'm not having any problems accessing the link, but here is the direct link to the ftp download page that you should see after clicking the link. Try accessing that to download the file. 

ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/imaq/pc/ni-imaq/cfgenerator/

If you have any problems let me know.

Regards, 

Jas.W 

Jason W.
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,764 Views)

Hi DocPepper,

I've been looking into this some more and have found a possible solution that doesn't require the camera file generator.

Could you tell me how you have connected the camera to the 1409? If you are using the BNC cable, this would mean it is operating in analogue and therefore the camera file generator may not work as that is for parallel digital and CameraLink cameras. Analogue cameras do not allow you to change the attributes programmatically, instead a generic camera file is used for the standard the camera operates in (NTSC, PAL, CCIR etc.), as described in this Knowledge Base article;

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/05DCE3868362783586256FC8004F123C

If the camera is analogue then you can download a camera file for each of the standards from the following link.

ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/imaq/camera_support/camera_files/analog/standard/

The manufacturer of the camera should have details on which standard it uses. Once you know which standard it is using download the appropriate camera file from the above link and give it a try. If it works the camera should appear in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX).

If you encounter any problems then just let me know and I'll try to help.

Regards,

Jas.W 

Jason W.
Applications Engineer
Message 5 of 6
(3,753 Views)

Hi Jason,

Thanks so much, that was exactly the problem. The camera is now working using the CCIR standard camera file without any problems.

Thank you again,

DocPepper

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,751 Views)