From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing a PXI 1031

I can't seem to get the M & A Explorer to recognize my PXI slots.

The chassis shows up but slots 2,3 & 4 come in as unknown.

I've got a PCI-4472 Dynamic Signal Acquisition board installed in slot 2 and I'm using a laptop with XP installed.

First time I've tried to set up this chassis and I'm not sure where to go from here.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,892 Views)

Hi TMac,

Is the card showing up under Devices and Interfaces?  What about in device manager?

Regards,

Sammy Z.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,872 Views)

Sammy Z

It does show up on the "Devices and Interfaces" as an empty chassis.

Under Device Manager I have a 02 Micro 0Z711EZ1 Memory Card Bus Controller under PCMCIA adapters.

This is the only PCMCIA device I have installed so I am assuming that is the PXI-1031.

I also show a "Other PCI Bridge Device" under PCI Bridge Device that does not have a driver installed

TMac

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,866 Views)

TMac 5437

Can you please attach a screenshot of MAX as well as a screenshot of the Device manager when viewed by connection. View>> View by Connection

Also Let's Ensure that NI-DAQmx is installed.  To verify check under the software tree of Measurement and Automation Explorer and verify that NI-DAQmx is present there. 

You say that the Chassis is empty what cards do you have other than the DSA device?

Charley Dahan

Global Account Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,853 Views)

Can't seem to get a screen shot into this reply.

I tired dropping it into Word and attaching the file but when I preview it there are red "x's" where the pictures were.

Tried copying and paste from Word and it is garbled code.

How do can I get a screen shot into this window/reply.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,850 Views)

Hi TMac,

What is the extension of your image?

Are you using the tree looking icon or the add attachements from the bottom?

Regards,

Sammy Z.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,812 Views)