1)Copy the folder W2k (extracted from the W2k.zip file attached) into c:\Images\pxi815xb\enet directory
2) Copy the Windows 2000 CD into c:\Images\os directory (you can share a CD-ROM over the network or use USB or Parallel Port CD-ROM)). At this point you can delete the Windows 98/NT image (nt40 or w98 folder).
3) Boot into DOS. If you are using W98 boot disk, make sure to copy deltree.exe and smartdrv.exe (attached below) to that boot disk.
For W98 users: You can simply reboot into DOS or use the W98 boot floppy.
For NT users: Use a W98 boot disk. You can create it on any W98 computer.
4) Run A:\deltree.exe (just type deltree c: and press ENTER) and answer YES [y] to all EXCEPT c:\Images!!!
5) Run a:\Smartdrv.exe (This will significantly impro
ve the installation time)
6) Change directory to c:\Images\os\....\I386 (\....\ in case you added additional folder like w2k)
7) Type WINNT and press ENTER. This will start floppyless installation of W2000. Installer will copy files to HD, reboot and continue installation.
😎 Once the W2000 installation is complete, go to Add/Remove Hardware and Add a new device, and search from the list. Select Network adapters, Have Disk� and browse to c:\Images\pxi815xb\enet\w2k. The installer will give you three options. Select first � LAN9000 Ethernet Adapter (ISA)
9) W2000 will not be able to detect the resources needed by this device so you need to set them manually. Make sure that those are as follows:
I/O space: 300-31F
10) You will notice that the display adapter is automatically recognized by W2000.