From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex RIO communication between modules

Dear All,

I was considering buiding a system using a PXIe-5764 and other modules such as PXIe-6358 my questio is the following. Is the module PXIe-5764 capable to collect and treath also the data coming from the PXIe-6358 or do I necessarely need an FPGA coprocessor such as the PXIe-7915 to do so?

In the case this is possible and I do not need the coprocessor will the PXIe-5764 be able to collect all the data coming from PXIe-6358 (8 simultaneous AI at maximum frequency) at full speed ?

Thanks a lot for your time but I was not able to find this information elsewhere

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(612 Views)

PXI-6358 is a DAQ and it cannot stream data directly to an FPGA, unlike some RF instruments (look up P2P streaming). This means the data from PXI-6358 can be read only by an application running on the Host and then it is up to your application to transfer that data to the FPGA module for further processing, do note that there will be delays due to multiple parties involved in the data transfer.

Refer to this article to learn about P2P and the list of modules that support P2P.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/10/an-introduction-to-peer-to-peer-strea...

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(593 Views)