PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct operation and Ethernet control on PXIe-1062Q chassis with PXIe-8108 embedded controller

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am a fresher and just started using PXIe Instruments. I have one PXIe-8108 embedded controller in PXIe-1062Q chassis.

When I power on them, the screen shows everything is working successfully (as shown attached).

Then, how can I operate on this system itself directly (i.e. on its own, without GPIB or Ethernet connection to another PC)?

Is it possible to realize this? 

Besides, I tried to connect this device to a PC via Ethernet, but failed to search this device in NI MAX.

NI MAX reports VISA error (Hex 0xBFFF00A7): The remote machine does not exist or is not accepting any connections. If the NI-VISA server is installed and running on the remote machine, it may have an incompatible version or might be listening on a different port.
I can communicate with the device through ping command, does this mean the problem is the different VISA version? If so, how can I solve it?

Thank you very much for your help! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(633 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tyshen

That PXIe-8101 is running Pharlap RTOS. You must develop your code on a Windows host PC and then deploy the program to it. See Getting Started with PXI and PXIe Real Time Targets Programming

There is a possibility that your PXIe controller is shipped with dual OS of Win7 and Pharlap. See Step 2 in Using a Utility USB Drive to Format my Real-Time Phar Lap ETS PXI Controller and try booting into Windows, then you can use it just like any Windows computer, without any host PC.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(614 Views)