PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ

Hello,

We want to assemble an automated setup with more than 30 pressure transducers (interface RS485, 4…20 mA, 0…10 V), 50 valves (solenoids activated by 12V Signal), and 10 flowmeters (https://www.omega.ca/en/flow-instruments/flow-meters/mass-flow-meters/p/FMA1600-Series,  signal output 0-5 V).

I wasn't sure which DAQ system I should order to accommodate all of these parts. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with Labview, DAQ systems, and electrical connections. Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(626 Views)

Given you have limited experience and you are going to make a significant investment in hardware, it would be best to get in touch with a NI Alliance partner to help you choose the right hardware for your application. Please do note that it is not just the choice of hardware but also how your software is going to use the hardware.

In general, it will be easier if you group the sensors by signal type than by sensor type, like

• 4..20mA
  • 0-5V
  • 0-10V
  • RS485
  • RS232
  • 12V Solenoid/Relay control
  • etc.,

Most industrial applications use cDAQ or cRIO but you are limited by the number of slots, on the other hand, you can look for a PC-based system or PXI based.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(617 Views)