cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teststand how to change the status of step

Solved!
Go to solution

hi, All

i am a beginner of  TestStand.   Now i need to run a simple case:  I have 2 Labview Programms (Vi) ,  which both use a same IP Address. Each time, only one Vi can use the IP-Address.

i want to make a sequence in Teststand , which has 2 Step, that means, each Vi is a step.

my question is : if i can do that in Teststand, if I run one vi, then stop or teminate the step, then run another Vi , so that both Vi can be  launched in Teststand.

Any answers is welcomed!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,602 Views)

Hi,

TestStand executes all the steps in sequential order. So  when you execute one step after other the previous step would have completed its execution. So I don see any problem here. There is no way that both the VI's are running simultaneously at the same time unless you run the execution in a separate thread.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,584 Views)

hi, lordsathish ,

thanks for the answer!

i  wrote a sequnce, so the two vi will be step by step  luncned,  but after the first step,  the first Vi should be stop, but the front pane of the first Vi still runs, so that   errors happens( " the ip address used by another programm)  , wenn the sequence goes on with the second Vis. 

Is there anything need to be setted in Step setting? if you can give me  a example ,  it will be very gratefull!

Thanks im Advance!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,567 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author julyfly

Hi julyfly,

I'm sure the error is not because of the first VI executing. TestStand retains all the VI's it executes. So when a VI is loaded in to TestStand it would seem to be executing. But it will not be. So when the fist VI finishes executing it will seem to be executing since its loaded in teststand. To clear your doubts you can try this. 

Go to the first step Properties->Run Options->Unload option you can select Unload After step executes. This will release the first VI after it finishes execution. So it will no more appear to be executing.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,563 Views)

hi, lordsathish

with your help, my programm works!

thanks a lot!

julyfly

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,533 Views)

Welcome july fly,

I will be good if you could select a particular post as a solution.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,531 Views)