From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help file not found

Hi,

In LabVIEW, I can't see the help information about TestStand API. When I right-click a property or a method and select the help for this property/method, the following window is displayed

image.png

Indeed, the path is wrong. There should be only on Doc subdirectory in the path. But how can I change this path ? or solve this problem with another mean ?

Thanks in advance

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,386 Views)

Hi Laurent,

I have looked extensively and could not find such an error ever reported. Were you able to solve it?

Re-installing TestStand could be a solution, maybe insuring you are installing the latest patches/updates.

If you can't fix the issue this way please let me know so we can investigate deeper, I would need some other info like your OS version, maybe the pther SW installed.

Thanks

M-Junior

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,327 Views)

Hi M-Junior

For the moment, I don't plan to reinstall TestStand or LabVIEW as it is time consuming. When I need help on TestStand API in LabVIEW, I open TestStand and look for help in the TestStand help.

This is not very convenient so if you have other ideas, I'm interesting in

I send you a capture of my configuration of NI softwares. I'm on Windows 10, release 1709

Regards

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,315 Views)

Hi, 

Is your machine a Windows 64-bit machine? If so can you post what is the value of the following registry key - Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WOW6432Node\TypeLib\{03B81820-510E-42C6-93B8-CFA253794662}\1.0\HELPDIR?

If your machine is a 32-bit machine, can you post the value of the following key - Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{03B81820-510E-42C6-93B8-CFA253794662}\1.0\HELPDIR

Regards

Anand Jain

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,298 Views)

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 64 bits. The value of the key you ask is

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2016\Doc\Help\

Regards

Laurent

0 Kudos