NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help file not found

Hi,

In LabVIEW, I can't see the help information about TestStand API. When I right-click a property or a method and select the help for this property/method, the following window is displayed

image.png

Indeed, the path is wrong. There should be only on Doc subdirectory in the path. But how can I change this path ? or solve this problem with another mean ?

Thanks in advance

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,366 Views)

Hi Laurent,

I have looked extensively and could not find such an error ever reported. Were you able to solve it?

Re-installing TestStand could be a solution, maybe insuring you are installing the latest patches/updates.

If you can't fix the issue this way please let me know so we can investigate deeper, I would need some other info like your OS version, maybe the pther SW installed.

Thanks

M-Junior

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,307 Views)

Hi M-Junior

For the moment, I don't plan to reinstall TestStand or LabVIEW as it is time consuming. When I need help on TestStand API in LabVIEW, I open TestStand and look for help in the TestStand help.

This is not very convenient so if you have other ideas, I'm interesting in

I send you a capture of my configuration of NI softwares. I'm on Windows 10, release 1709

Regards

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,295 Views)

Hi, 

Is your machine a Windows 64-bit machine? If so can you post what is the value of the following registry key - Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WOW6432Node\TypeLib\{03B81820-510E-42C6-93B8-CFA253794662}\1.0\HELPDIR?

If your machine is a 32-bit machine, can you post the value of the following key - Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{03B81820-510E-42C6-93B8-CFA253794662}\1.0\HELPDIR

Regards

Anand Jain

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,278 Views)

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 64 bits. The value of the key you ask is

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2016\Doc\Help\

Regards

Laurent

0 Kudos