From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

goto cleanup of the calling sequence

Hey,

I try to jump to the "Cleanup" group of the calling sequence if a simple boolean value is "false", but I can't find the right solution. 

In my case, I have a master sequence (test_caller.seq) wich calls another sequence (test_caller_sub.seq). Now, if the boolean value (Locals.gotoNextStep) is false - this will be checked in the Statement-Step of test_caller_sub, the next step must be the Cleanup-Group of the master sequence (test_caller.seq). The qppended code is just a simple example and not the real structure, it just focus my problem.

2 solutions will be possible for my problem:

1. jump from "Statement" (test_caller_sub) to Cleanup-Group (test_caller_sub) to Cleanup-Group (test_caller) OR
  2. jump from "Statement" (test_caller_sub) directly to Cleanup-Group (test_caller)

Is there a simple expression to do this?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,877 Views)

Without looking into the attached example:

Please take a look into Post Actions with custom condition.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,871 Views)

I need the expression for this... the different ways to do this are totaly clear, but not the right expression

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,863 Views)

Simply select <Cleanup> from the dropdown.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,860 Views)

but I won't go to cleanup of THIS sequence... the target is the Cleanup from the calling sequence!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,857 Views)

Use the same post action for the sequence call step.

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,850 Views)

Sorry Norbert, I was a little slow last week. The solution is really quite easy and absolutely clear.... 

but, in my case there are hundrets of calls of this sequence. To change the post action of the calling sequence is in fact simple, but it is the overkill to change this in my case. It is much faster or more effective to add a working jump expression, this I just have to add it in the called sequence (one time).

Or is there a batch-processing to do that changes? (Post-Actions / activate Use Custom Condition / add expression for custom condition / set custom condition for True/False)

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,825 Views)

If this change affects ALL sequence call steps, i recommend you to do the following:

1. Customize a sequence call step including that post action as custom step type

2. Write a tool which replaces all sequence call steps in your sequences with the new type

I recommend a custom written tool as you can make sure to read out sequence call step configurations and apply it to the replacement step.

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,797 Views)

I don't match the advantage in my case of a "custom step type". It is hundrets of times the same sequence i have to call and I only want to add a expression wich jump back to the callers "Cleanup" group. 

But, I resolved the problem by another way, little effortfull, but working well.

At first I changed the sequence format to ".xml" and then replaced the code (post actions / custom condition) in every calling sequence.

Nevertheless, If anybody know an expression for my wish, I'm very pleased to know it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,781 Views)