NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find names of nested calling steps spread throughout multiple sequence file during runtime?

Hii,

I am using multiple sequence files which are interdependent. I want to know the whole calling tree including the step names to have a hold on the complex  test structure as I debug and send those names to OutputMessages.

Also I am uncertain how deep the nesting names could be may be 2 or 5 calls deep.

Is there a  command or programmatic way anyone has tried to get the nested names of steps ?

I hope I have stated my problem clearly enough !

thanks

Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(281 Views)

it looks like you have to create a vi (or any other piece of code that can work with TestStand APIs) that recursively searches for SequenceCall Steps in a sequence and determines names of sequences called by those steps

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(261 Views)

Since you meant during execution, I would suggest you lookingup TestStand Call Stack and yes, you can access it programmatically.

-Santhosh
Semiconductor Validation & Production Test
Soliton Technologies
NI CLD, CTD
LabVIEW + TestStand + TestStand Semiconductor Module (2013 - 2020)
NI STS for Mixed signal and RF

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(247 Views)

yes I know that, everyone knows, the solution has to be elegant and adjust according  to the sequence no brute force method.

thanks

Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(223 Views)