From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activating "Check user privileges" causes TestStand to not start properly.

Recently we checked the box "Check User Privileges" under Station Options->User Manager.

Now when we try to start the Teststand Sequence editor it opens but with all functionality grayed out so that no action whatsoever can be taken.

If we make an attempt to use File-Login no new box appears but the GUI flickers for a millisecond as if a dialog was open and closed at almost the same time.

If we try to start a sequence file directly from windows explorer it replies with an error message : "Could not open the sequence file(s).... Error code: -18360, User does not have required privilege".

What has happened and does anyone have any good ideas about how to remedy this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,929 Views)

Hi GiangV,

You can change the "Check User Privileges" setting back to the default by modifying the TestExec.ini file, located by default at (C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand 2010\Cfg)

With TestStand closed, change the line CheckUserPrivileges = False to CheckUserPrivileges = True

Also, the login dialog issue can occur if the loginlogout sequence becomes corrupted (this would explain the flickering behavior).  To restore this sequence to its default state, you can do the following:

1. Move the FrontendCallbacks.Seq file to a different location (such as my documents), located by default at (for TestStand 2010):
    C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 2010\Components\Callbacks\FrontEnd\FrontEndCallbacks.seq

2.  Run a repair install of TestStand to recreate the default version of the file

Hope this helps!

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,851 Views)

Hi Ballington!

Yes it does help, thank you so much.

Best Regards,

Giang

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,827 Views)

HI,

I have a problem.I have made this step for that discussion http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/User-Manager-Globals-with-Depolyed-TestStand-System/td-p/106202......Now when I try to start the Teststand Sequence editor it opens but with all functionality grayed out so that no action whatsoever can be taken...Replace the old FrontEndCallbacks.seq without modification in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 4.2.1\Components\Callbacks\FrontEnd and Test Stand ask me the CDistallation...This problem has been solved, but there is a different way of going back once you have the steps in the link? Who can aswer me? Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,737 Views)