From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the result of the seq steps?

Solved!
Go to solution

HI,

I'm calling a subsequence which has many steps. 

Now, I wish to find (in the RunState......variables)  the result of some steps in that same sequence (not the MainSequence).

There is a dedicated line for the Previous Step (which is very comfertable), I'd like to use a similar one for other steps.

Thanks

Rafi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,189 Views)

Hi Rafi,

other suggestion. Try parsing Locals.ResultList to find the step's result.

greetings

juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,178 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rafi2003

I think U can use RunState.Sequence.Main["Step Name"].Result to get the results of all steps.

Thanks 

Message 3 of 6
(3,157 Views)

Hi lordsathi,

Why are writing "think" ? You can canel it. Your hint is it working great!

To Rafi: scurp my suggestion to litter basket a believe lordsathi...

Greetings

Juergen 

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,155 Views)

Thanks....perfect solution

Rafi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,137 Views)

Hi,

I would like to convert my test stand sequence file to an like run time executable ( Ex: file.exe ). Upon search, I found Test Stand Sequence File converter. I tried GUI version. By setting password to prevent viewing as well as editing. I was successful in hiding the sequence from viewing or editing. This option worked for me for few sequences ( Sequences with standard test stand steps). For some sequences (Sequences with custom and standard steps), if I keep a break point or trace enable and start running the sequence. It stops at the break point and every thing is viewable. I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS.

Are there any options that I can make this not viewable irrespective of the custom or standard steps. What is NI recommended way of protecting the files? I tried all the search options in Google or NI web site? Please advice.

Note  TestStand supports password-protecting sequence files to deter editing and viewing within the sequence editor and user interfaces that use the TestStand User Interface (UI) Controls. The TestStand API limits access to a file protected from viewing but cannot prevent access to the file content during execution. National Instruments does not recommend using passwords as the only way of protecting intellectual property.

Thanks,

KK

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,713 Views)