cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI not loadable when inserting GetPropertyValue

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i created a simple dialog in Labview that pops up a window to insert a number that is returned as output and in TestStand set to a StationGlobal.

Now the idea was to readout the current value of this StaionGlobal and preset thevalue of the dialog.

For this i wanted to use the "Get Property Value.vi" and passing addition the SequenceContext to the vi.

But now the vi is not runable anymire. After i press reload in testststand for this labview-action its says "Picture Not Available" and a red circle with exclemation mark which says:

Unable to load VI withe the Labview RunTime Engline 15.0

The version of the subvie migzt not match the version of the runtime engine ore a vi dependyny migzt be missing

Try using the update vi calls tool with the labview adapter set to labview development system to resolve this issue.

What should i do?

TestStand 2014 SP1

Labview 2015

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,179 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author OnlyOne

Assuming that the VI itself is executable (non-broken run button in dev env), i see that you configured yoru LV adapter to run in RTE (runtime engine) rather than dev env.

Given that, the VI has to be executable in the RTE.

There are two possible sources for the issue:

1. You configured the VI to separate the compiled code from the VI file. The RTE cannot load/execute such VIs.

2. You have new dependencies (TS API) in your VI which cannot be resolved by the RTE. Remember that vi.lib is an unknown symbolic path for the RTE.

For both situations, the recommended solution is to create a source distribution from the VI(s).

As a short test you can change the LV adapter setting to dev env. If the VI executes properly in this setup, my assumptions seem to be accurate.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,174 Views)

Yes, it runs fine when changing lv adapter to development environement.

For your no 1:

I did not configure anything. Where can i check the current setting?

For your no 2:

Is the GetPropertyValue.vi a part of the vi.lib?

It is only this vi. As soon as it is in my code its not running any more.

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,171 Views)

You can see in the VI Properties if compiled code separation is configured.

GetPropertyValue.vi is part of the vi.lib. Please verify functionality of your code module(s) once you created a source distribution using LV or the TS Deployment Utility.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,168 Views)

Where to start to use the deployment utility?

My code contains only one vi to readout a teststand-variable.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,165 Views)

The TS Deployment Utility can be found in the SeqEdit Tools menu entry. Maybe you want to start reading some tutorial on it...

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,162 Views)

Thank you for the fast help.

This seems to be too much work for calling only one vi.

Meanwhile it is working after switching back to runtime environment.

Dont know why..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,160 Views)