cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Version Selector - mfc140.dll is missing

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear TestStand community,

recently I've faced the following problem. I install TestStand 2016 (32 and 64 bits, both) on Windows 7, SP1. Installation goes smooth, but after restart of PC, I get the message that "... mfc140.dll is missing".

When I start TestStand Sequence Editor, then I recevie message "TestStand 2016 (16.0.0.185) must be active version of TestStand to use the Sequence Editor". When I start TS Version Selector, I get message that mfc140.dll is missing.

Reinstall does not help. The situation is similar for 32 and 64 bits versions. 

Also, I installed separately (from distribution folder) TS Tool (like repair of the installation). It didn't help.

Could anyone, please, help me with this issue and suggest, what can cause it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Sincerely, kosist90

logos_middle.jpg

Check out new feature of LabVIEW 2017!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,814 Views)
Solution
Accepted by kosist90

Hi Kosist90,

In doing some research, I found that a similar issue was resolved by downloading the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

This was based on a forum post seen here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/1e58044d-8917-4a30-bee4-408593d66fc4/how-to-s...

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Adam
Message 2 of 5
(3,767 Views)

Amazing, now it's working! Actually I had installed Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, but it seems that it had some issue - I uninstalled it; installed the one from those links what you've provided, and everything is fine now.

Thanks a lot, Mada_17!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,757 Views)

That's great news!  Thanks for letting me know.  Best of luck!

Adam
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,755 Views)

It might be worth noting that you need to install the version (32bit or 64bit) of .Net corresponding to the version of Teststand you have installed NOT your operating system. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,251 Views)