cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 2016 Crash DAbort 0x0037C03D in MemoryManager.cpp

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am developing the project which use one of the example code from NI Example path, it is Read 1D Barcode.vi under C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\Vision\Examples\Images\Barcode

This example retrieves the barcode pictures from its own folder but my target is to pull the barcode picture from the web camera and also, run this test as a sequence on TestStand 2016.

Before putting this VI into TestStand, I have run it through LabVIEW 2015 and found it was working well.

My next step here is just put the original Read 1D Barcode.vi into the Pass/Fail test step and see if this VI can be called from TestStand properly but unfortunately, the error occurs when the step is running.

The error is attached, the crash is about DAbort 0x0037C03D in MemoryManager.cpp, I do not sure why this error happened and what is cause of problem. If anyone can help me to figure out on this, I will be grateful.  

This is additional information.

TestStand is Development version 2016 - Evaluation.

LabVIEW is Professional Development version 2015 - Evaluation.

Vision Acquisition Software September 2016

Vision Development Module 2016

Remark: I did try to run this with license version but the error is the same. that means the error does not depend on the license.   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,078 Views)

Hi Dev 123,

It looks like you have not configured any inputs or outputs for the VI from within TestStand. Have you tried creating inputs and outputs from the LabVIEW module?

-Mitchell | NI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,020 Views)

Mitchell,

Thank you for the reply.

It should not be matter whatever the VI has any inputs or output, there were configured as default data values in the VI for now. Anyway, I have tried created the Input/Output values from TestStand but the error still persist. 

As of today, I found that the error is from "Read 1D Barcode 2" VI but unfortunately, the block diagram is unable to display as it requires NI Vision Development license.

If anyone has the license, please help me to call this VI in TestStand and see if you can see the same error from Read 1D Barcode2 VI and it might give me some clue what the cause of problem is. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,014 Views)

dev123,

If you do not have a vision license then you will not be able to run any of the Vision Example code in LabVIEW.

What versions of LabVIEW, TestStand, and Vision are you using? Also, do you have licenses for each?

Also, have you seen this article explaining the differences in Vision licensing?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/45A5682F377996BB862572B50072787F

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,994 Views)

Mfaltin,

Thank you for the reply. I am using LabVIEW 2015 Evaluation version, TestStand 2016 Evaluation version and Vision 2016 Evaluation as well.

The purchasing of all licenses are being processed, I am using Evaluation version while I am waiting for the purchasing is done but I think Evaluation version is fine and able to run of all Vision example codes, of course some of VIs we are not able to see the block diagram unless we do have the license.  

I have raised this up to NI Asian Support team and they can see the same error (even they run with license version) and they are helping me to investigating where the error is from now but it looks difficult. 

Anyone can figure out this, I will be very glad. My project is stopped by now. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,990 Views)

Hi dev123,

This seems to be an issue with the vision acquisition software and outside the realm of TestStand. I recommend posting in the Machine Vision discussion forums in order to get more visibility from the community. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,981 Views)

Thanks, Mfaltin.

Will do it 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,975 Views)

This is a known issue. R&D is investigating this and while there is not an estimated time for this to be solved, R&D is making efforts to fix this.

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,309 Views)

Following on the previous post:

This is only known to happen in TestStand 64-bit. If you encounter this issue under different conditions, please contact National Instruments Support.

A known workaround is switching to 32-bit software.

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,301 Views)

@Cavarval wrote:

Following on the previous post:

This is only known to happen in TestStand 64-bit. If you encounter this issue under different conditions, please contact National Instruments Support.

A known workaround is switching to 32-bit software.

Regards,

Thank you for your reply, Camilo.

I am glad to know that this is under investigating by NI R&D.

Please let me know if it is fixed then i can implemented it here. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,295 Views)