cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestSTAND guidline

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I've been doing TestStand for about a year now, but never really followed specific coding rules. Wanting to go further, will you have a link of page offering rules for writing sequences in TestSTAND?

Containing for example :

- Ways to name variables

- How to organize sequences

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,214 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author taoufiksmires

Here you go

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/09/teststand-code-module-development-bes...

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/08/teststand-type-management-best-practi...

BTW, it is TestStand and not TestSTAND like LabVIEW

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 4
(1,203 Views)

Merci beaucoup, ça va m'être bien utile !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,164 Views)

Can you help me?

When I open Teststand 2020,it will tell me the following error:

The TestStand Service may not be running. The TestStand Engine uses this service to ensure that external environments such as LabVIEW, LabWindows/CVI, and Microsoft Visual Studio are properly updated. If you just installed TestStand, ensure that you restart the system before using TestStand.The TestStand Service can sometimes be delayed after restarting a system if a previous service is slow to start. For example, the Windows Workstation service can delay for a few minutes on startup when trving to reconnect to mapped network drives if the drives are not immediately available.Determine the offending service and see if you can resolve why it is slow to start. An option is to mark the service as manual, and delay the launching of it by adding a command to the startup group to start the service.

Please help me how to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,046 Views)