NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SequenceFilePostStepRuntimeError isn't handling errors from SequenceFilePostResultListEntry

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to implement custom error handling using SequenceFilePostStepRuntimeError engine callback.

I also use SequenceFilePostResultListEntry engine callback to filter some results. When the error occurs in SequenceFilePostResultListEntry, SequenceFilePostStepRuntimeError callback does not trigger.

Why is that? Can't engine callback trigger another callback?

Example in the attachment (start with A.seq).

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(755 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bienieck

Nevermind. I found the answer (as always after I post...)

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052AA-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/callbacks_engine_cave...

TestStand calls other Engine callbacks only when executing the SequenceFileLoad or SequenceFileUnload Engine callbacks. TestStand does not call Engine callbacks when executing the other Engine callbacks.

This is lame IMO ☹️

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(750 Views)