NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising memory consumption at each new start

Hello,

i am using teststand 2019 and labview 2019.

I created a testplan with ~500 labview teststeps controlling instruments.

When i start the testplan in teststand then i see in the taskmanager that the memory consumption is rising for each teststart.

Also when the test is finished the memory is not cleared.

What can be the reason that the memory is rising?

Its clear that the first start loads all labview-vis into the memory but once they are loaded what else needs memory?

(I see here like +10MB for each start)

Also when i close the sequence in teststand the memory comsumption of teststand is the same.

I am calling the Labview-Runtime-Adapter.

Could it be a problem with to many opened (and not closed) visa sessions in the labview vis?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(826 Views)

Check if any front panels of you labview code modules have plots inside. 

Those might accumulate history data every time the vi is executed. And by default Labview VIs are not unloaded from the memory after every run.

Roman

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(810 Views)

No, i dont have plots in my VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(803 Views)

if this is a labview related issue, you might be able to debug it with

LabVIEW Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit-Download - NI

Enable debugging in Adapter configuration in TestStand (as you are executing LV in runtime engine)

You may also check this articles:

Investigating Memory Growth Issues in LabVIEW Code Modules Called from TestStand - NI

Troubleshooting Memory Growth Issues in TestStand Systems - National Instruments (ni.com)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(800 Views)

Hello,

meanwhile i found that it also happens when using only non-adapter-steps in a loop.

For this i created a sequence with a 1000x for-loop and a non-adapter-numericLimit-test

When executing "test UUts" then the memory is always increasing after each test uut.

Why does this happen?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(777 Views)