From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat a Numeric Limit Test

Hello,

I have an application in which:

- For all numeric limit tests in the sequence, when it fails, there will be a popup window for operators

- Operators can choose to repeat the numeric limit test, or to continue to the next test step.

The key is to let operators having an opportunity to repeat the numeric limit test which showed only marginal failure, in which there is a good chance to pass the numeric limit test in the next try.

I have the following questions:

1. If I retry the failed numeric limit test once more and it passes, will the previous "Failed" step status be overwritten to "Passed" in the process model so that I can pass my Test UUTs when it finishes running my Main Sequence?

2. If the answer to 1. is no, is there any Configuration settings I can do to make sure in one numeric limit test step it only keeps the very last "Passed" status?  

3. If I retry the failed numeric limit test once more and it passes, will both the "Failed" and "Passed" steps be logged into the ATML report and/or Database Schema?

4. If the answer to 3 is yes, is there any Configuration settings I can do to make sure only the latest "Passed" data will be logged into the ATML report and/or Database Schema? (I do not use on the fly reporting)

Any help on this matter is appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(863 Views)

The example says more than a thousand words. Try to use my sequence.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 2 of 3
(841 Views)

Neat and simple solution!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(833 Views)