NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding NI Voltage module configuration

Hi,

I wanna conduct a vibro-acoustic test for that  I am going to use the following devices:

1. Accelerometer (General purpose, sensitivity of 100 mV/g)

2. Impact hammer (10 mV/lbf)

3. Microphone (50 mV/Pa)

4. Acoustic emission sensor (100-400 kHz) + Preamplifier

Q1. Is it possible to have a common NI module that must be compatible with above all devices?

Q2. will NI-9223 be compatible with above all devices?

Q3. Should I buy NI-9234 for first three and NI-9223/NI-9221 for fourth one?

Q4. Actually, NI-9221 is a screw/spring type input so how can I connect with BNC, Because my acoustic sensor is BNC type.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(714 Views)

I think this question shall be asked on HW Board since it's not related to the NI TestStand test executive.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(701 Views)

Q1. Is it possible to have a common NI module that must be compatible with above all devices?

• Can you measure the thickness of paper using a common scale? yeah, but will it give you correct results -no, similarly not all requirements can be solved using a single solution

Q2. will NI-9223 be compatible with above all devices?

• In electrical terms, yeah, they are compatible because all those are voltage-based sensors, but as explained earlier there are many things to consider.
  • Typical accelerometers and microphones use IEPE and TEDS which is not supported by non-DSA instruments like 9223

Q3. Should I buy NI-9234 for first three and NI-9223/NI-9221 for fourth one?

• Yeah, I would recommend a DSA instrument for accelerometer and microphones as they have a great resolution (24-bit) and support IEPE/TEDS
  • Unfortunately, there are no sound & vibration input modules that can cover that wide bandwidth for 4th one and you have to go with the generic Analog Input cards

Q4. Actually, NI-9221 is a screw/spring type input so how can I connect with BNC, Because my acoustic sensor is BNC type.

• There are BNC to wire adapters that you can buy
    santo_13_0-1629041621113.jpeg

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(691 Views)