NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read command line arguments at TestStand sequence startup, from within the sequence

Solved!
Go to solution

Start a sequence by using a batch file and add command line arguments. Example: "MySequence.seq Arg1".

Now, within the sequence I would like to read that first (and other) argument "Arg1"

There is an ActiveX step for this, giving back a type Strings (Object Reference), see screenshot.

Question: How do I use this reference to read the argument?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,935 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paulus56

Honestly I don't think you are using this correctly.  I think your application manager in your UI should be handling this.  However, to answer your question:

According to the TestStand help the property CommandLineArguments is of type Strings.  This is from the TestStand help as well:

Strings
A collection of strings. You can obtain a reference to the collection from the ApplicationMgr.CommandLineArguments property, the ExpressionEdit.GetValidEvaluationTypes, and ExpressionEdit.SetValidEvaluationTypes methods, and the ApplicationMgr.ProcessUserCommandLineArguments event.

Properties
Count (Read Only)
Item

Methods
Add
Clear
Insert
Remove

Looks like you can use more activeX steps to use the Item or Count properties to retrieve a single argument.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 3
(2,929 Views)

Thanks Jigg. This helped a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,901 Views)