From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programatically change Enum values

I have an Enum , Enums.State with many states likeCommand1,..2, 3 etc

I want to programatically change these values with a For loop.

How to send enum variables values from an Integer ? 

Thanks Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,306 Views)

Not sure if you've read through the help on this but assignment can only be done with enums of the same type: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052AA-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/enumsastsexpressions/

However, you can use the SetValNumber and the coerce to enum flag:

Locals.MyEnum.SetValNumber("", 0x18, 1) where MyEnum is the enum and 1 is the numeric selection I want to make it. n 0x18 is the flag for coerce to enum:

• PropOption_CoerceToEnum–(Value: 0x18) Use this option for implicit conversion when setting an enumeration value with a string or number. You can use this option with the PropertyObject.SetValNumber and PropertyObject.SetValString methods. TestStand ignores this flag when you specify PropOption_InsertIfMissing and the property does not exist.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,291 Views)

Thanks a lot jigg for the answer, I will test it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,271 Views)

I think Sam's answer should be marked as a solution. I'm just saying 😉

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,247 Views)

It doesn't work. eg:

Locals.LED_enum_as_index.SetValNumber("", 0x18, Locals.LED_index)

returns just a number.

It doesn't select the enumerated value.

This would work.

It's extremely verbose and long -- you can create an array with one enum value in each like this:

Locals.array[0] = [0-9.99C] (0)

Locals.array[1] = [10-19.99C] (1)

Locals.array[6] = [60-69.99C] (6)

But there must be a more clever way.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(677 Views)