NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing LV Class Object containing .NET Ref via TestStand API

Hello,

I need to use the same instance of a .NET DLL within LabVIEW calls inside Teststand and a GUI (VI which will later become an executable) which is hosting the TS Engine.

Due to some .NET framework issues I cannot explain exactly, the .NET reference needs to be wrapped inside a LabVIEW class object. Now passing that LV object between LabVIEW VI's through Teststand via the connector pane and a StationGlobal does work.

Since LabVIEW development system and Teststand are different processes, I'd expect it to be possible to use the same instance of a DLL in different App Domains. Although I am not an expert on that topic.

In order to pass it to the GUI, I suppose I need to use the Teststand API.

I have tried a lot of stuff, like GetValInterface, GetValVariant or as the ActiveXParam of PostUIMessageEx.

Also tried to create it using SetValInterface and then accessing it with GetValInterface.

But whatever I am trying, the resulting refnum is 0000 / NotARefnum.

What is the way to access/pass the initialized .NET reference within the LV class object using the Teststand API?

Thanks for any help,

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(693 Views)

How about .NET Remoting?

See this and this.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(617 Views)