From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening XML Report Inside TestStand Development Environment

Am I able to open previously generated XML reports inside the TestStand development environment?  I want to look at XML files from previous run inside TestStand.  Is there a way to do that?

I don't want to use an external viewer.  I want to use TestStand.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(895 Views)

As far as I know, unfortunately not possible - since TestStand was not built to be a file viewer.

Certain file types - like text, XML and HTML reports are displayed for easier review after testing but that is not the main feature.

Any reason, why you want TestStand to be the file viewer? TestStand does not even have any additional functionality other than just show the file.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(886 Views)

Mainly for the sake of convenience.  I figured since TestStand can show the execution report it might show any report.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(865 Views)

You could probably make a tool menu item that runs a sequence file that prompts for a report file path, loads the report and stores it in Runstate.Report and displays its execution window so the report can be seen.

I'm not recommending it, just mentioning it for completeness. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(825 Views)