From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numeric Limit Test Roundoff Technique seeked

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

My teststand application has a numeric limit test set up as:

GELE -2.0 <= x <= 2.0 where x is measurement data.

There were times that my measurement data reads 2.002 and failed my numeric test.

My application engineer suggests the following:

1. Temporarily round off the 2.002 to 2.0 before TestStand starts the GELE comparison, so that the numeric limit test can pass.

2. 2.002 is still going to be logged at the final ATML report and the Database Schema which will be stored in the SQL database when the main sequence concludes.

I am looking for ways to do this temporary round off for GELE comparison and make sure the 2.002 will not be rounded off in the report and DB schema. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks and have a nice day

~willy1977

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(878 Views)

I would rather not roundoff, if this is a parametric measurement, any border/marginal pass is bound to fail/pass based on process variations. You would need to adjust your limits based on the Cp and Cpk parameters of your measurements to ensure that majority of your measurements fall at the middle of the limits.

This is a cat on the wall situation and since you like it to fall on your side of the fence you're pushing the cat to your wish. Either your limits are not suited to your process or your process if not repeatable enough for the limits.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(869 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author willy1977

Not disagreeing with what Santhosh pointed out, but if the limit is good, and the precision is accurate for the requirement and measurement capability, here's a link that may be helpful:

How-to-round-a-result-before-reported

I hope this helps!

-Jack

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(844 Views)