From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get all dependencies of a sequence in c#?

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to get all dependencies (dll's, vi's,...) of a sequence file in c# without workspaces?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,734 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Seau1

I don't use C# but hopefully you have LabVIEW (to view the attached) and can translate it to C#.

I have done this sort of thing in the past for VIs, not for DLLs but I think it can be modified to include DLLs.  I found the process a bit convoluted (see attached VI).  Maybe there is an easier way to do it that I don't know about (there usually is). 

What I did was to use the TestStand API to get the paths to all the VIs in a sequence (see attached VI) and then use Get VI Dependencies (see below) to get the paths of the Dependencies from the reference of each VI found to build up a list.  See attached code for getting the VI paths from a sequence.  Its a bit rough and ready and will likely give you duplicates if the same VI is called from multiple places in a sequence but I think it should work and scaled to include DLLs and anything else you want.

Steve

VI Dependencies.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,695 Views)

Thank you, I already got a solution for c#, will check your solution out too.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,690 Views)

Hi Seau1,

Can you share your solution for c#, please?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,687 Views)

Had to put it in a .txt file as i cant format it here. At the moment it only detects VIs and Dlls

Message 5 of 7
(1,681 Views)

Hello, i cannot download any of those attached files - is it a problem in my company, or is it a problem of NI?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,224 Views)

@brosian I can still download the files, seems like there it gets blocked by your company

Message 7 of 7
(1,214 Views)