NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to wait with SeqFileLoad from Testplan for SeqFileLoad of Model is finished

Hello,

when i doubleclick a testsequence in windows explorer then TestStand is starting and SeqFileLoad of Model and Testplan are executing at the same time.

is there a built-in function in Teststand that for the Model is doeing the steps and after this the testplan is running its load?

Or do i have to do this manually in all testplans that i have (>1000)? (Like waiting at begin of SeqFileLoad for a flag that is set at end of Model-SeqFileLoad)

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,151 Views)

Hi OnlyOne,

Could you share the idea behind why would you like to set the order of execution in described way? TestStand loads specified resources directly during boot (according to Load Options in particular step Properties). Parallel load of Model and Proces Sequences is actually expected behavior. 

If you've implemented SeqFileLoad callback in Test Sequence you won't be able to execute your tests until all Model sequence resources won't be loaded. Unfortunately at this moment I don't really see any other way than implementing markers.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,086 Views)

In the SeFileLoad of ~200 files there are Initialize teststeps of instruments.

If i want to edit the files offline without instruments then the SeqFileLoad creates an error (what is correct).

So i am looking for a setting to _not_ execute SeqFileLoad of testplans.

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,084 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,031 Views)

Hi OnlyOne,

If you need this only for prototyping/developing your test code you can change the property of Run Mode of every sequence/step to "Skip" in SeqFileOpen engine callback. You can select multiple items and you'll need to change this option only once. 

I think that you should also consider instruments initialization after opening sequence file.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,027 Views)