From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Contains in TestStand

Hello,

I am trying to find a cluster in an array of clusters in teststand using the Contains(array, object, <caseSensitive>) but it actually doesn't work, would anyone have an idea how to make it identify the cluster or am I missing something?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,265 Views)

The names have to be the same.  So basically you need something like a named array.

Attached is an image of what I did to make it work.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,251 Views)

I am inserting data from an output of a function , in the execution of the sequence and when I am using the watch view I can see that the cluster I am searching appears in the array of the clusters (containers), So it the contain function must return true.

Even if I put the same name, at execution names will disappear (I don't know why) and the test is always failed.

I will be happy to hear from you about this issue

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,238 Views)

Without more specific details in your situation I couldn't tell you how to solve your issue.  However, if the names don't match the Contains function will return false. 

I don't understand what you mean by "names will disappear"?  Can you elaborate more on that?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,232 Views)