cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing Single Pass entry point

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all

I have a sequence based on the sequential model that I only ever want to enter as single pass. I am driving myself slight crazy as I keep clicking “Test UUT(s)” rather than “single pass”. Is there a call back or expression I can add that will force the sequence to run as single pass regardless of which button I click?

Many Thanks              

Dave B

P.S Happy new Year

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,559 Views)
Solution
Accepted by D.Barr

Because the client and model are "decoupled" and the client technically doesn't get called until later in the execution this is a tricky one.

Several options:

1. Customize the UI to only allow the Execution Entry point button to be linked to the Single Pass entry point

2. In the Sequence Editor fix your toolbar to only show the Single Pass entry button

3. This one is kind of a hack:  override the Process Setup callback and if the entry point was Test UUTs then kill the thread and start a new one using the Single Pass entry point

4. Remove Test UUTs from the process model.  Or change it to a configuration entry point temporarily.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 13
(6,548 Views)

@~jiggawax~ wrote:

[...]

Remove Test UUTs from the process model.  Or change it to a configuration entry point temporarily.

[...]

Hope this helps,

This one I prefer. Just make a copy of the process model and remove Test UUTs.  Make this copy your Station Model. You can easily go back to the model that TestStand ships.

Message 3 of 13
(6,533 Views)

Thank you both for your replys.

I am in the process of making a new process model (based on the standard) so i will do what you recommended and remove the the Test UUTs entry point.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,515 Views)

I have a similar issue. I would like the green arror execution button on the toolbar to default to the Single Pass entry point. In TestStand 2010 I customized the sequential process model for other reasons and while in there just switched the order of the Single Pass and Test UUTs entry point. Now, in TestStand 2014 I am switching over to the plugin architecture and I would prefer not to have to change the process model at all. I can't see how to customize the UI or the toolbar to only show the Single Pass entry button. Can you give more details on that? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,879 Views)

Depending on which UI you are using at some point the buttons are connected to the SequenceFileViewMgr.  You can specify which entry point is connected to which button.  Or just get rid of one of the buttons and then only connect the other button.

The Index input for the ConnectCommand method is the index of the entry points in the process model.  If you use the default model SinglePass will be index 1.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,856 Views)

In addition, if you are using a custom process model you can re-order the execution entry points in the sequences list of the process model. The order in which they appear there is the order in which they appear in the execution menu or in which the connect to the buttons. If you move the single pass above the test uut entry point this will connect as entry point index 0 instead of the default Test UUT

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,846 Views)

Mathis,  read his post.  he does not want to modify the Process Model.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,844 Views)

I know I can just change the order of the entry points but for simplicity in what we distribute, I would prefer not to have to modify the process model at all. This is primarily for when we use the sequence editor. In our application that we use to actually run TestStand sequences and do our testing in we can programmatically specify we want to use the Single Pass entry point and that's not a problem.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,838 Views)

@~jiggawax~ wrote:

Mathis,  read his post.  he does not want to modify the Process Model.

Regards,

Wow, that was patronising!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,821 Views)