From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database logging : 'Build .sql file' data type error

Hi!

I'm currently working on logging TS test results in a PostgreSQL database. I copied the MySQL schema delivered with TS and renamed it PostgreSQL schema. I made an udl file to be sure to correctly connect to my server. Connection works fine.

I then tried to build an SQL file using 'Build .sql File' button from the 'Schemas' tab.

And I'm facing the following error (see pic attached to this post) : "The SQL syntax for a selected data type (Integer) could not be acquired from the provider".

As I only can choose data type from a ring in the 'Columns/Parameter' tab in the TS Database option, what can I do to manage this error ?

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,852 Views)

With the attached file it's better !

By the way, I'm using TS 4.2.1 and PostgreSQL 9.0.4 (server + ODBC driver + PgAdmin III).

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,847 Views)

Hi zyl7,

where you able to solve the issue with the PostgreSQL? We are facing a similar problem, and currently don't have a solution. Any help would be freatly welcome.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Best regards,
Jano
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,670 Views)