NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiling User Interfaces MFC

Hello,

I am starting with the examples found in the UserInterfaces/FullFeatured/C++(MFC)  Teststand code that came with the installation.  I would like to be able to re-compile these projects to ensure that my setup is correct in visual studio.

The following;

// TestStand API, TestStand UI ActiveX controls API, and utilities for using these APIs in C++
// The file is located in <TestStand>\API\VC

is commented in one of the cpp file, and the same path is referenced several times in the project paths.  I cannot find this path or folder anywhere.  The only API folder I have is here \TestStand 2017 (32-bit)\Examples\TestStand API/

Where are these files located? Or are there other settings I need to enable?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,133 Views)

Hello,

The API folder is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2017\API\VC or C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2017\API\VC depending on the bitness of your build. 

To ensure that these files are included in the project, in Visual Studio, go to Project >> Properties >> VC++ Directories >> Include Directories and select the drop down and choose "Edit..." Add the directories for the appropriate bitness to the list. 

Message 2 of 3
(2,085 Views)

Hi 2n2222user,

I was also able to navigate to the <TestStand>\API\VC you were referring to by following this path "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2017\API\VC". There were a lot of .cpp files inside. Note that if you click on Examples it will take you out of the Program Files (x86) folder.

Can you give more explanation on what you are trying to do and the difficulties you are having. Are you getting any messages when you are recompiling?

Michael B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,083 Views)