NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compacf Fieldpoint supported by Teststand.

Dear All,

I am finding loads of info on what versions of LabVIEW support Fieldpoint, but nothing on Teststand.  

I have inherited a test where Teststand addresses Fieldpoint directly, i.e. not via a LabVIEW VI.   Does anyone know the latest version of Teststand which can talk to Fieldpoint this way, and can it run on Windows 10? 

Regards,

Theo 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(816 Views)

TestStand interacts with Hardware via the Adapters.

So you use LabVIEW, CVI, DLL, Python...etc. Code to work with your Hardware.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(800 Views)

I am used to using LabVIEW adapters to call VIs but this looks different.  I will delve deeper and maybe see if I can get some pictures.  

Thanks,

Theo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(785 Views)

Compare this (I assumed we are talking about NI-FieldPoint driver for LabVIEW) and this.

As DesasterMaster mentioned you use TestStand to call code modules developed using other technologies. So you should not look at FieldPoint/TestStand compatibility but rather make sure that TestStand is compatible with the language you used to develop your FieldPoint software component (for example your FiledPoint LabVIEW driver).

EDIT: I also found this. It might be important.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 4 of 4
(769 Views)