From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can TestStand call an excel macro

I have some instrument drivers written in Excel VBA and I was wondering if these can be called from TestStand. Has anyone done anything like this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,712 Views)
kphite,

Yes you can call Excel Macros, using an Active-X call. Use the Excel Automation server with the Application Object Class to call the Run method. The help (? button) should be useful in explaining additional details. I don't know how one would make driver calls this way, but if you can do that from Excel, then you should be able to do it from TestStand.

-Jack
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,705 Views)

Hi,

I am looking for a similar ( sort of ) solution, where I would like to call Excel macro and retrive the information from excel sheet and send back to Test stand 2010. Is there any sample code or docs????

Thanks,

KK

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,132 Views)

Seems like there's a flood of posts with Excel and TestStand these days... There's already an example for how to automate Excel with TestStand using ActiveX, if you don't know how to use Excel with ActiveX then you need more Google.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/How-to-read-and-write-data-from-Excel-to-TestStand-without-usin...

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,126 Views)

thanks for quick reply. Great help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,119 Views)