NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new fields to the list of users

Hi

I’m trying to add a new string field, called ‘BuildState’ for 3 login names, 2 of which have administrator rights, the third doesn’t. To do this, I’ve added the field to the standard user data type, which now reads as:

LoginName

Password

FullName

Privileges

BuildState

I’m trying to read the value of this new field in Labview, but it doesn’t seem to recognise it. Looking at the property lists for the current user (from the sequence context Engine property), only the 4 original fields are shown, regardless of who I login as. I guess I can't edit the standard data type in this way, but is it possible to do this, perhaps with the custom data type?

Appreciate any thoughts. I’m using TestStand 3.1 & Labview 7.1.

Thanks

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,272 Views)

Hi Bruce,

It seems to me that you can't add any properties to the user properties in the teststand engine, so I think you may wish to consider other options (variables/custom .ini file on disk)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,235 Views)

Another thought- you could use the Attributes of PropertyObject to store data about a user

(In Teststand 4.2.1):

You can do View > User Manager, then look at the Properties for a user

tsUserAttributes.PNG

Where you may see the option to add an attribute.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,233 Views)

Hi Mark B

Thanks for your replies. I looked up the administrator properties, but clicking the Advanced button went straight into flag settings - I guess TS 3.1 doesn't have the option of attributes. I've tried a few more things and found I can read the 'GetType' property in Labview for the new field I'm trying to create, but not much else. I thought of trying to read the comment fields for each of the users, but had no luck with this either.

Regards

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,210 Views)
Attributes were introduced in TS 4.2
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,208 Views)