NI Package Management

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build a Package using LabVIEW 20xx

This document is part of the NI Package Management Portal.

Build a Package using LabVIEW 20xx

1. Make sure you have support for the Package build specification installed.
    • LabVIEW 2018: Already includes Package build specification by default
    • LabVIEW 2014-2017: You need to install LabVIEW Package Builder through NI Package Manager
      • Install NI Package Manager, if not already installed.
      • Launch NI Package Manager, and install LabVIEW Package Builder.
        labview package builder - nipm.png

2. Follow the instructions in the Creating Packages with the LabVIEW Package Build Specification tutorial.

Comments
andre.buurman@carya
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

When will the help instruction be improved, it feels like an executive summary. There's lot's of questions that remain unanswered, in special package dependencies and caveats.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
mahmoud2432
on

I'm having troubles with the communication with the picoscope. When I use the labview files that are in the intalation cd. When I run for example the file "PicoScope5000ExampleBlock.vi" labview is not able to recognize the picospcope. I also noticed that my computer (I also tried in other computers) do not recognize the picoscope as an usb component. Then I can not use neither the "Measurement and automation Explorer" of labview.

Schliepe
on

Looks like the link is no longer valid.  Any change the link could get corrected?

joerg.hampel
Active Participant Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Where can I find the "LabVIEW Package Builder" now that NIPM doesn't support browsing anymore?

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

joerg.hampel
Active Participant Active Participant
Active Participant
on

With the help of some LabVIEW friends (thanks, @jono and @dataflow_g), I was able to figure out that installing NI Package Manager 20.5 will bring back the search feature, and I was eventually able to install LabVIEW Package Builder.

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

crossrulz
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
on

Or wait a couple of months for the next version of NIPM.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Package-Manager-NIPM/Browse-Products-tab-gone-after-update/m-p/4118453/h... 

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Mathieu_R.
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Hello,

I was looking for a way to install LabVIEW Package builder for LabVIEW 2017, before the next release of NIPM that should reintroduce the "browse product" functionnality.

And I get it. Here is how I did it.

Using a computer running NIPM 20.1, I was able to find the package and install it (using the browse product). Then, I picked a look into nipkg.ini file, located in %ProgramData%\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\Settings. It contains feed information. The two following sections are the ones I was looking for :

[nipkg.repo.ni-package-builder-labview-support-1-0-released]
configurable=true
enabled=true
name=ni-package-builder-labview-support-1-0-released
ni-managed=true
uri=https://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/products/ni-package-builder-labview-support/1.0/released

[nipkg.repo.ni-package-builder-labview-support-1-0-released-critical]
configurable=true
enabled=true
name=ni-package-builder-labview-support-1-0-released-critical
ni-managed=true
update-service-severity=critical
uri=https://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/products/ni-package-builder-labview-support/1.0/released-critical

So, on the target computer (running NIPM 20.6) add these two sections into nipkg.ini (copy/paste).

Then run NIPM. If not already activated, click on the settings wheel and enable the option Display available packages and feed managing tools (in french fo me, just trying to figure the name in english - see screenshot below): 

PackageBuilderLabVIEWSupport_01.png

You can then check in Feed that ni-package-builder-labview-support-1-0-released and ni-package-builder-labview-support-1-0-released-critical are listed:

PackageBuilderLabVIEWSupport_02.png

Then click on Package tab, and you should see NI Package Building Support for LabVIEW:

PackageBuilderLabVIEWSupport_03.png

...and you should finally be able to install it:

PackageBuilderLabVIEWSupport_05.png

Hope this helps,

Contributors