From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icon for Real Time Executable

How do you change the icon on the real time executable?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,586 Views)

I also want to know if it is possible to change the icon in the Embedded UI

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
<script type="text/javascript" async src="//cdn.youracclaim.com/assets/utilities/embed.js"></script>
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,383 Views)

LJHerskowitz,

What software stack are you using? What are the steps that you use to create the real time executable? Usually, when creating an app (the .rtexe), this itself is not something that can be executed directly but instead is loaded and run automatically by LVRT on startup. That is at least the case for LVRT 2016

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,377 Views)

Hello Brad;

What I say is that when I create an executable in a Windows system, if I change the icon the, in the application, i have the small icon in the top left of the title bars, as following: 

title.png

If I run the application in a cRIO with embedded UI, this small icon is the default labview icon. I want to be a specific icon (the same as the previous example), not the default labview one.

Thanks

<script type="text/javascript" async src="//cdn.youracclaim.com/assets/utilities/embed.js"></script>
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,369 Views)

Ah, ok, that makes sense. Unfortunately, that's a bit outside of my wheelhouse, let me see if I can't track someone down.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,364 Views)

Hi, unfortunately it is not possible to change the icon for the RT built application.  The reason being we did not expose that setting for RT as we did for desktop.

Embedded UI was added after the build specification dialog was designed, and at the time there was no UI available on the target so there was no need to allow users to change the icon.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,348 Views)

Thanks jonathan, so I'm going to delete the title bar of the dialogs

Regars

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,331 Views)