NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI VeriStand Custom Device Project Wizard Feedback

Welcome to the NI VeriStand Custom Device Project Wizard feedback forum. Please use this forum for any questions or feedback you may have regarding this add-on.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(8,507 Views)

Hi Ryan,

I have some problems to create the custom device using Custom Device Project Wizard. When creating the project, only PXI and VxWorks targets appear automatically, shown in the attached image. But I am able to create a Linux based LabVIEW project without problem. Do you know what happened?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(7,700 Views)

Hi Ryan,

One quick thing to add to my previous question. VeriStand installed in my computer does support Linux. All available targets are shown in VeriStand System explorer. See attached image for reference. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(7,696 Views)

Hey William,

Some key information I'll need from you:

1. Version of LabVIEW, VeriStand, and NI-RIO you're running. It sounds like 2015SP1 LV/VS and RIO 15.5, but please confirm.

2. Can you attach a screenshot of your VI package manager showing the wizard package and version installed? If it's anything other than 1.0.0.20, please download the latest from the forum page.

3. Did you just recently install and try the wizard, or have you used it in the past?

That should get us started. Thanks! --Ryan_S

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(7,661 Views)

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the email. The version of LabVIEW and VeriStand  I am using is 2015 SP1 and I am running on NI-RIO 15.5. I recently started to use the wizard you developed and I am pretty new to Custom Device. Do you know any useful materials for any forum related to this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(7,653 Views)

Hey William,

For the VIPM screenshot, I'm specifically looking for the version of the VeriStand Custom Device Project Wizard package that you have installed. So, the equivalent of this:

VIPM.PNG

Can you take that screenshot and upload it?

As for good custom device getting started materials, the help is pretty thorough. Check out the "Process for Developing a Custom Device" section of this help page.

Thanks! --Ryan_S

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(7,632 Views)

Hi Ryan,

The attached file shows the software I have. It has the updated version of the software but only under 2015 (64 bit). The LabVIEW I am using is 32 bit. Do you think this would cause the problem?

Best

Peiyang

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(7,628 Views)

Hey Peiyang,

Since VeriStand is a 32-bit application (both host and engine), you'd want to write your custom devices using LabVIEW 32-bit. If you install the package for 32-bit LabVIEW and run the wizard, do you still see the odd behavior?

If you do still see odd behavior, please attach a new screenshot of the package installed for 32-bit LabVIEW in VIPM.

Thanks! --Ryan_S

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(7,613 Views)

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the response. The LabVIEW I am currently using is 32 bit, but the project wizard seems to be only available under 64 bit. I will try to get the wizard in 32 bit and have a try.

Best

Peiyang

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(7,608 Views)

Hi Ryan,

I just tried to install the wizard in 2015 32 bit but failed. Is the wizard only available in 2015 64 bit?

Peiyang

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(7,604 Views)