Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mini-din6

Hi,

Is there a proper place to report bugs so that they aren't duplicates and can be addressed?

1. CAPPA3600-3000X1500 has pins reversed. Any attempt to correct the mapping fails, as saving doesn't persist the edit. I had to draw the capacitor backwards on the schematic. I caught this one prior to being burned.

2. MINI-DIN6 is numbered irregularly (1,2,3,5,4,6) on the schematic. Yes, I did get burned by not noticing it.

3. Select place component\basic\relay. Note the SPDT relay icon. Why isn't there any?

This is an expensive product for yearly maintenance, yet I see a minefield of bugs that seem to be reported and  ignored. Also if NI wants this product to continue being a teaching tool, more support should be added for the parts that the hobbyist is interested in. All I seem to be paying maintenance for is for Labview integration and that is not a good return.

Best Regards,

Jim S.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,141 Views)

Hi,

Just a follow up. NI tech support has been responsive to the reversed capacitor footprint issue. I think I was able to come up with a way to reproduce it. If you are placing an electrolytic with no footprint and adding one later, you will see the pins mapped 1 to 2 and 2 to 1. We can't seem to be able to change that and save it, so you may wish to be careful. It may work to completely replace the cap, and choosing the footprint at the time of placement.

Regards,

Jim Shedden

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,085 Views)