Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import and saving wav file in Multisim?

I still don't understand how to import an audio wav file for the purpose of testing audio circuits. I have managed to use Labviews microphone option but there must be some other way to import a wav file and to also save the wave file from the Labview speaker output? There was some mention of creating an instrument that could read wav files? Is there a example of this somewhere?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(17,901 Views)

Hi,

In Multisim there is a microphone but this component require you to connect a real microphone to your computer and speak into it and your computer records the signal.  I don't know of an example available that can import a wave file and then convert that file to something that can be import into Multisim. 

Best regards,

Tien Pham

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(17,868 Views)

I have managed to solve my issue by using a virtual audio cable.

http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(17,864 Views)

I've created a labview instrument for Multisim 11.

With this one you can import wav files and simulate them (NOT REAL-TIME)

Cheers,

Gorik

Message 4 of 22
(16,986 Views)

Hi Gorik,

Thanks for sharing this, it works great!

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(16,959 Views)

Hi there,

I am using Multisim 13 and the CTGenerator does not show up nor does it work. Can someone tell me what needs to be done to get it working in Multsim 13?

Thanks & Regards,

Reinhard

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(14,960 Views)

Hello,

According to the readme file included this instrument was created using LabVIEW 2009, therefore you will need to install the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 2009. Click here to download it for Windows 32-bit.

After this open Multisim 13, go to Options>>Global Options>>Paths. Copy the User LabVIEW instruments path and open it. Close Multisim. Place the GTGenerator folder and the GTGenerador.llb file in this path and open Multisim. The instruments should appear in the LabVIEW Instruments toolbar.

Hope this helps.

Fernando

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(14,948 Views)

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for your help. It works great.

Regards,

Reinhard

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(14,931 Views)

How do we do create corresponding dll file?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(12,679 Views)

Hi senaka2014

Could you please further explain your question? If what you want is to generate a DLL file from the LabVIEW project involved, you can follow the steps in the following document:

How Do I Create a DLL from a LabVIEW Project?

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(12,664 Views)