Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Idea Edited

I'm trying to figure out what would be a great project idea to create a subsystem that uses two of these: Opto-coupler/Opto-interrupters, Flip Flops, Counters/Timers, Buffers, Multiplexers/Demultiplexers, and Shift Registers.

I had an idea for a smart home lighting control system that utilizes shift registers. I thought I could do something where the shift registers can connect to the power supply and control the lighting fixtures through the shift registers along with the design below, but I'm not sure how to design it? 

Or what can I add onto the design posted along with this below to achieve a project that can create a subsystem that uses two of these: Opto-coupler/Opto-interrupters, Flip Flops, Counters/Timers, Buffers, Multiplexers/Demultiplexers, and Shift Registers? Like is there a different or simpler idea that can cover all that's required above that I can add onto with the design attached below?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(487 Views)

Hi Mars_4,

This is the same as the other thread, Project Idea, that you created. You simply deleted "interfaced with an embedded computer or single board computer system" and Raspberry Pi.

Without a microcomputer how can this home lighting control system become smart? Are you going to implement the intelligence of this "smart home lighting control system" using logic devices and do you have the resources for achieving this?

What you have attached is a circuit used for reading a multibit input device using a limited or minimal number of I/O pins. This will only serve an auxiliary function in your project since controlling lights is mainly output oriented.

Best regards,

G. Goodwin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(449 Views)