Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic analyzer and JK asynchronous flip-flop operation

It's quite disappointing that some book authors do not know how to choose a teaching material which is more readily comprehensible. 😞

The more elegant and easier to understand ripple up counter can be obtained from the second of the two corrections that I listed in my previous reply. I hope the text-mode schematic diagram below can serve as additional guide for you to build the desired circuit

Q0 Q1 Q2 Q3

┌────────┐ │ ┌────────┐ │ ┌────────┐ │ ┌────────┐ │
┌┐┌ │ Q ├─┘ │ Q ├─┘ │ Q ├─┘ │ Q ├─┘
│││ ─────┤> C │ ┌────┤> C │ ┌────┤> C │ ┌────┤> C │
┘└┘ │ ~Q O────┘ │ ~Q O────┘ │ ~Q O────┘ │ ~Q O──
└────────┘ └────────┘ └────────┘ └────────┘

You can also copy and paste it in a text editor to get rid of vertical spaces, use a fixed-width font such as Courier New. Finally, be reminded that you should view the diagram above in full width to avoid text wrapping.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(572 Views)

When I was editing and formatting my previous reply I cut a note, intending to transfer it to a better location. However, I forgot to paste back, losing it instead. To avoid confusion to those viewing the circuit diagram the note is here:

The J and K terminals are not shown, wire them just as in the diagrams in your two book examples.

The text-mode schematic diagram can also be viewed by opening the attached file in a text editor (e.g., Notepad). Again, using a fixed-width font such as Courier New and view in full width to avoid text wrapping.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(555 Views)

I would like to learn more about this method of the text editor of schemes. How to create it than to open it.
I think not only I encountered such a feature (short program) for the first time...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(547 Views)

Hi tipa,

Sorry for the delayed reply. These are just special characters or symbols which are available in text editors or word processors. These characters can be generated through the keyboard using their key sequences. I do not recommend memorizing the codes corresponding to the characters, however, since they are quite numerous. You may instead use other tools such as Windows' Character Map or Microsoft Word's Insert Symbol. The screenshots are provided below

Character Map (Windows 7).png

Windows 7 Character Map

Microsoft Word 2010 Insert Toolbar With Symbols Group - Symbol Subgroup In Red Circle.png

Microsoft Word 2010 Insert Toolbar With Symbols Group - Symbol Subgroup In Red Circle

Microsoft Word 2010 Insert Symbol Dialog Box.png

Microsoft Word 2010 Insert Symbol Dialog Box

Character Map (Windows 10).PNG

Windows 10 Character Map

Microsoft Word 2013 Insert Toolbar With Symbols Group - Symbol Subgroup In Red Circle.png

Microsoft Word 2013 Insert Toolbar With Symbols Group - Symbol Subgroup In Red Circle

Microsoft Word 2013 Insert Symbol Dialog Box.PNG

Microsoft Word 2013 Insert Symbol Dialog Box

Best regards,
G. Goodwin

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(457 Views)