Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb-6251 screw terminal version - what's under the hood?

Hello,

This is kind of a silly question, but I haven't been able to find an answer while perusing the site.  I'm looking at using the USB-6251 daq card for an application which requires some external circuitry.  All the pictures I have found of the usb-6251 show it with the cover over the screw terminal area (at least I'm guessing that's what it's covering).  Is there a general breadboard area in there too or just the screw terminals?  If it's just the screw terminals, I will most likely go with the mass term version and add the circuitry on a separate board.  Thanks for any help,

Jon
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,326 Views)

Hi Jon-

The screw terminal area on USB-625x devices does not include a breadboarding area.  If you need an easy solution for building external front-end circuitry I would indeed recommend the USB-6251 mass termination version with an SCB-68 terminal block (or similar) and a shielded 68-pin cable.

Hopefully this helps-

Tom W
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(3,315 Views)
Thanks Tom.  That's the exact information I was looking for.

Jon
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,303 Views)

Hello all,

if I understand correctly: the "screw term" version has screw contacts onboard: I can connect a thin wire directly to the DAQ lines. On the other hand, the "mass term" version needs a supplementary cablesold by NI.

Is that correct?

Many thanks to all, regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,046 Views)

xdaf,

You understand correctly.  Check out the datasheet and it's corresponding product page for pictures and specifications.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,041 Views)