From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timing measurements of AD data

I would like to take 60Hz low voltage data with a NI 9215 AD - then take timing measurements of a glitch / pulse imposed upon that input 60Hz.

I am unclear as to how to parse the data to accomplish a timing measurement.   I could supply a trigger signal on a second channel of the 

NI9215 if needed. 

Looking for sample code vi or suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,518 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the NI forums. I think that you should be able to get a good start by looking at some of the LabVIEW examples that incorporate triggering. You can access the examples by opening LabVIEW and going to Help>>Find Examples. From there you can go to Hardware Input/Output>>DAQmx>>Voltage>>Analog Measurments. You can view a description of each example on the right side of the screen by clicking on an example. I would start by looking at the example called Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Analog SW Trigger.vi. This should at least get you going with the correct logic as far as triggering off a certian voltage level.

Regards,
Margaret Barrett
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Digital Multimeters and LCR Meters
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,493 Views)