Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

take ten measurements with a delay between them of a certain time and find the average

Hi everyone,

I am Vasileios and I have a question for you!

I want to take ten voltage measurements with a DAQ assistant and between them to have a delay of one second. And afterwards out of these ten volage measurements to find the average between a maximum and a minimum value. In the end I want to save the final value.

I would appreciate your help! 

Regards from France,

Vasileios

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,192 Views)

Do a finite sampling with 10 samples at a 1Hz frequency.  From there, use the Array Max & Min to get your maximum and minimum values.  Add them and divide by 2.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,189 Views)

Hi 

Thank you for yuor reply. nonetheless I would like to solve my problem creating an array out of these 10 measurements (putting the daq assistant inside a for loop for ten) and then after I do the addition of the ten measurements I deivide with ten in order to find the average.... But to be honnest  that is my initial plan and I face a lot of difficulties... 😞 

Can you give me another solution???

Thanks again! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,182 Views)

Your method sounds like it will work too.

Have you tried coding this up?  Care to share any code you have done?

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,180 Views)

Hey again and thanks for your reply,

Although I haven't done a lot of progress I could say , I am attaching you the vi.. Actually I am still concerned which array functions I should use since I cannot figure out how to make an array of ten measurements...

Feel free to make any changes!

Additionally from the same daq assistant I have two channels and i want to do the same thing for both channels... but I maybe think about it in a later stage..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,176 Views)

Something like this?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,170 Views)

Hi!

Can you please share with me (and all the others) your VI?

I will try to see if I will have the expected results 🙂 

\Vasileios

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,159 Views)
The image is a snippet (look it up) and can be dragged to a block diagram. The code is about as simple as it gets, though. You've got the Convert From Dynamic Data, an Index Array, and two Mean functions.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,152 Views)

Thank you for your replies. Finally after spending sometime discovering new things in labview I made out the below selection 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,107 Views)

Try to avoid the use of local variables.  They are additional copies of your data and they break data flow.  LabVIEW is a data flow language.  Use wires whenever possible.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,105 Views)