From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving array in files during Continuous Aquisition

I Want to aquire more than 1000000 (1 million) samples from one of the analog input. For finite length aquisition, When the length of array exceeds 1 million i get floating point error. So i have decided to go for continuous aquisition. I am finding it difficult to save the aquired data in array to file when aquisition is in progress. I am using ANSI C API for programming NIDAQ card.

Please help.

Dhaval
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,518 Views)
Hello Dhaval,

The NI-DAQ driver installs ANSI C example programs that show how to perform a continuous acquisition in the default location of C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples.  I would start by taking a look at the examples that illustrate how to program continuous acquisition, and alter these examples to add file I/O functionality.  More examples can be found in the Example Code Library at www.ni.com.  As far as file I/O, it really depends on what library of functions you are using to program saving the data to file.  ANSI C has the stdio.h header file that declares a variety of functions that perform input and output to files.  LabWindows/CVI has an ArrayToFile function that makes programming this task even easier, as shown in this example:

NI-DAQmx: Continuously Acquire From Multiple Channels and Save To Spreadsheet File

I hope this helps,
Travis G.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,502 Views)