From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

produce sound waveform through analog output

Hello,

I am learning how to use the analog output on a DAQMX labview 7.1 system. I have produced a waveform with periods of rest (silence) and periods of sounds (with different amplitudes, frequencies, durations). SO for example i have a waverform with 100ms of rest; 200 ms at 450Hz, 100 ms rest and 200ms ar 300 Hz.

How can I play this? At the moment I can only play one sound, but not the entire waveform.

Thank you in advance,
Yvonne
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,965 Views)
Hi,

It exists some very good examples in LabView.

I think it is a good way to learn some programming methods.

I found one which can be helpful for your application.

The vi name is “Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Clk.vi”.

To access the examples follow this path:

Help->Find Exemple -> Folders Structure -> Choose the folder “Daqmx” -> Analog Out-> Generate Voltage.llb -> Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Clk.vi.

Regards,

Johan G.

NIF

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,943 Views)
I am new to labview, and I was just wondering if someone could help me with my problem. I was given a program which they say runs perfectly but when I opened I keep on getting a message "required dll file missing". It does not actually say which .dll file but it keeps comming up after I press OK. It keeps on doing this until the front panel opens but it is not executable.
I am using Labview 6i and the software is for data acquisition and control.

Really need your help...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,899 Views)
Hi,
Did you install the driver "Daq trad". It is necessary for a data acqisition.
You can find this driver at this address:
    http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/3DBF3D343476A28F8625709E006A4937?opendocument&node=132070_US

You should ask the person who made the program which driver he used.

Johan G.
NIF

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,892 Views)